Who’s manually searching for sensitive data across their Oracle databases? Not you! At least you won’t be after watching this 30-minute Ask Toad webcast.
Find sensitive data and meet GDPR compliance responsibilities
See how to easily identify and resolve potential data privacy issues across your Oracle databases to meet your data privacy regulatory compliance responsibilities. Sensitive data identification will use a new rules-based system, which you can configure, to scan all the tables in an Oracle schema and identify where sensitive data exists, based on column names.
Free on-demand webcast: Sensitive Data Protection Best Practices
You’ll learn how to:
- Define and customize sensitive data rules
- Gain visibility into violations through features like alter table, create table and the editor
- Automate sensitive data identification
- Use the DB health check feature
- Simplify reporting
You’ll also see how to gain direct access, from identification to resolution, to Oracle features—including data redaction, transparent data encryption, policies and policy groups (used to implement Virtual Private Database) and audit policies (Oracle’s fine grained auditing).
New tutorials the first Thursday of every month
Be on the lookout for a new program on the first Thursday of every month. Each 30-minute session includes step-by-step guidance on an everyday challenge to simplify and streamline your work, followed by a helpful Q&A. So get ready to Ask Toad and learn something new about your favorite database management tool.
Tell your colleagues about the webinar
If you think your colleagues would benefit from this blog, share it now on social media with the buttons located at the top of this blog post. Thanks!
Try Toad for Oracle now
Already in a trial? Talk to sales or buy now online.
Already a loyal fan of Toad for Oracle? Renew now.
View more Ask Toad 2020 sessions on demand at your convenience
Session 1: Hot Keys, Preferences and Filters, Oh My: Customize Toad to Suit your Style
Hot keys are particularly useful for DBAs who take the same actions every day with Toad for Oracle and may not know that shortcuts exist to streamline them. How to create filters to remove items that you don’t use frequently or don’t need to see will also be presented.
There are plenty of other configurations you might not know about that affect how Toad looks and behaves. The right configurations can save you time, reduce frustration and tedium, and make you friendlier!
In this complimentary session, Mark will cover these settings and offer a few more tips to help you get the most from Toad for Oracle.
Session 2: Five of the most useful DBA features on Toad for Oracle
Watch this demo about some of the many ways to get organized, productive and collaborative and provide insight into five of the most useful DBA features in Toad for Oracle Base Edition – these will definitely make your job easier. He’ll cover how to:
- Automate many Toad and non-Toad functions
- Manage all your scripts from a central location
- Browse, view and edit data across tables regardless of the referential integrity (RI)
- Manage and view all your sessions in a single view
- Generate database documentation easily for all the database objects in multiple databases
Session 3: Top Five Use Cases for Developers for Toad for Oracle Base Edition
We understand that developing on Oracle databases poses challenges like finding object references and dependencies in your code, validating code flow and minimizing connections without sacrificing performance.
In this 30-minute Ask Toad session, Gary Jerep, Software Solutions Consultant will demonstrate five use cases, and how Toad for Oracle Base Edition helps developers:
- Quickly find all object references and dependencies in their code
- Guarantee that code is following the correct flows of control
- Identify the most expensive lines in their code
- See how program connections affect database performance
- Automate tasks for greater efficiency and accuracy
Session 4: Banish Bad Code with Toad® for Oracle Pro and Xpert Edition
Toad® for Oracle exists and provides a framework for setting and enforcing coding standards as well as for optimizing queries.
In this on-demand session of Ask Toad, Mathew Phan, Software Sales Engineer, will showcase the Professional and Xpert editions of Toad for Oracle and how features like static code reviews, sensitive data awareness and SQL optimization address the issues and data governance risks that arise from bad coding practices.
In Toad Professional, you’ll learn about:
- Code Analysis
- Generate Test Data
- Sensitive Data Awareness
In Toad Xpert, Mathew will cover:
- SQL Optimization
- Auto Optimizer
- Advanced Optimizer
Session 5: Boost Database Performance with SQL Optimizer
In this session of Ask Toad on September 3, Gary Jerep, software solutions consultant, will demonstrate how the SQL Optimizer in Toad for Oracle Xpert edition works to improve your code. You will learn:
- Why you should use SQL Optimizer
- Optimization steps and results
- How to scan existing code for performance problems
- Capturing running SQL and identifying issues
Join us to learn how the SQL Optimizer will ensure poorly-written queries don’t affect the performance of your Oracle databases.
Get more from Toad in our "Ask Toad" webcast series – 2019
You can also watch the following sessions from 2019 on demand.
- How Do You Enforce Coding Best Practices in Toad for Oracle? – Ask Toad
- How Can You Simplify & Automate SQL Optimization For Developers in Toad for Oracle? – Ask Toad
- How Do I Reduce Risk by Automating Database Changes? – Ask Toad
- The simple way to convert an Oracle database to a new database – Ask Toad
- Integrate your version control system with Toad – Ask Toad
- How can I recover from an unplanned transaction? – Ask Toad'
- Mapping your PL/SQL dependencies – Ask Toad