Code Tester for Oracle 3.3 is now GA!
We recently released a new version of Code Tester for Oracle which provides the following enhancements:
- A front end debugging option was added to the CTO tracing functionality.
- You can now disable certain fields when running a test.
- Code Tester now supports connections through a proxy user.
- Support for Oracle Edition Based Redefinition has been improved
- The Code Evolution user interface has been redesigned to make its use more efficient
- Repository setup was improved to control access and prevent unintentional overwrites
For more information, visit our Quest Support Portal to read the Release Notes and to download: https://support.quest.com/code-tester-for-oracle/3.3
Please note: Although Code Tester for Oracle is a part of Toad for Oracle Developer Edition and is normally released with Toad, v3.3 is an intermediate release and, as such, is available as an MSI installer. It can be used to upgrade Code Tester v3.2 (part of Toad for Oracle Developer Edition 2017 R2). A valid support & maintenance contract is required to download the software.
Don't forget, you can leverage the power of Code Tester for Oracle inside Toad's Editor. Use this to get started with unit testing by creating some simple, reusable tests. Once you’re comfortable, move over to Code Tester and start by using Run-to-Test, and before long, you will be a PL/SQL testing guru!
If you are involved in bringing Oracle database development and change management operations into your agile and DevOps processes, check out our new Toad DevOps Toolkit blog.
I'm looking forward to participating in some interesting discussions and Q&A and the Code Tester team is happy to help you.