Jan 18, 2018 3:05:00 AM by
Syed Jaffar Hussain
This blog post highlights some of the essentials of Oracle cloud Database service offerings and its advantages. Also discuss about Database deployment (DBaaS) benefits and tools that can be used to automate backup/recovery operations and maintenance tasks.
No doubt, most of the software houses are now pushing the clients towards the cloud services. Though Cloud provides several benefits, one should really understands the benefits, threats and offerings from the different cloud vendors. I am going to discuss here about Oracle Cloud Database Services offering.
- Oracle Database Exadata cloud at customer (Full Oracle Databases hosted on an Oracle Exadata Database Machine inside the customer's DC)
- DB Service on Bare Metal (Dedicated database instances with full administrate control)
- Exadata Express Service
- Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service (Full Oracle Databases hosted on an Oracle Exadata Database Machine inside the Oracle Cloud)
- Database Schema service (A dedicated schema with a complete development and deployment platform managed by Oracle)
- Rapid provisioning to use in minutes
- Grow as your business grow
- Provides tight security to protect the data
- Off-loads your day-to-day maintenance work
Database deployment (earlier known as DBaaS): is a compute environment which provides:
- A Linux VM
- Oracle software
- A per-created database
- Cloud tools
- for automated and on-demand backup and recovery, automated patching and upgrades, web monitoring tool etc.
Written by Syed Jaffar Hussain
An Oracle Database Expert for over 15 years from his 20 years of Information Technology (IT) career. Over the past 15 years of Oracle journey, he involved with several local and large scaled international banks where he implemented and managed highly complex cluster and non-cluster environments with over 100’s of business critical databases. Recognizing his efforts and contribution towards the
Oracle community, Oracle awarded him the prestigious ‘Best DBA of the year, 2011’ and Oracle ACE Director status. He also acquired industry best Oracle credentials, Oracle Certified Master (OCM), Oracle RAC Expert, OCP DBA 8i,9i,10g & 11g in addition to ITIL Expertise.
Syed is an active Oracle speaker, regularly presents technical sessions and webinars on various Oracle database technologies at many Oracle events. You can visit his technical blog, http://jaffardba.blogspot.com where he discuss and writes the workaround/solution about the issues confronted from his day-to-day activities. Apart from being the part of the core Technical Review committee member for a few Oracle technology oriented books, he also co-authored an Oracle 11g R1/R2 Real Application Cluster Essentials and Oracle Expert RAC books. His blog can be found at http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/