I'd like to share with you my plans for my upcoming speaking activities for the first half of 2018.
- Israel Oracle User (ILOUG) Group Tech Days 2018 (Jan 22-23) – very excited to present a session in one of the best Oracle conferences that ever took place in my country. I will be presenting a session titled “Winning Performance Challenging in Oracle Multitenant” on January 23rd about how to effectively monitor and diagnose performance issues in Oracle Multitenant environments and if needed implement resource management plans to ensure high QoS (Quality of Service) for the pluggable databases.
- Rocky Mountain Oracle User Group (RMOUG) Training Days (Feb 20-22) – This will be my first time attending (and speaking) at this event. I will deliver 2 sessions:
- "Winning Performance Challenging in Oracle Multitenant"- similar to the one I will be presenting at ILOUG
- "Oracle Database Locking Mechanism Demystified" – In this session I will be talking about the concepts of Oracle Database locking mechanism, advanced locking scenarios, best practices to avoid performance issues which relate to blocked SQLs, and ways to investigate lock issues using Oracle dictionary views and performance monitoring tools
- Independent Oracle User Group (April 22-26) – IOUG Collaborate is definitely my favorite Oracle Conference in the world – it’s a combination of great location and very good and technical presentations. I got accepted to present the following sessions:
- ASM Concepts, Architecture and Best Practices – Since it was introduced back in 2003 with Oracle 10g, ASM became an essential part of almost every Oracle DBA's life. In this session you will learn ASM from A to Z – starting with the basic concepts of the ASM all the way to the new features of ASM and important best practices that will help you increase the performance and stability of your Database environments.
- Oracle Data Guard for Beginners – Oracle Data Guard is one of the most important options in the Oracle Database as it allows organizations to ensure high availability, data protection, and disaster recovery for their Oracle database environments. In this session we'll review Oracle Data Guard solution from A to Z.
I invite you all to my sessions and looking forward to meeting you there!