We are pleased to announce the release of Toad for DB2 v6.5.
Toad for DB2 is a comprehensive solution to improve DBA and development effectiveness and productivity for DB2 LUW as well as DB2 z/OS. It follows the design of all our Toad-family solutions with features for both the Developer and DBA.
You can view all the new features and details of this release in the release notes at release notes
Here are some highlights of what is new in v6.5:
- Object Overview tab
- There is a new Object overview tab that displays information from several Object Details tabs at once
- You can customize the Object Overview tab by adding and removing the details you prefer
- There is a new Grants tab for Roles that displays all Grants for the selected role
- Compare Object
- There is a new ‘Format object body before comparing’ option that can be used to format the SQL bodies of source and target objects – before comparing them – to eliminate white-space differences.
- For DB2 on z/OS there is a new advanced option: Generate Defer for indexes
- The new ‘Live Query’ dashboard widget scrolls and resizes to support SQL that returns many columns and rows
- Dashboards can be cloned to be easily shared between connections
- LUW Space management
- A new ‘Unused Indexes’ report – that identifies indexes that have not been used – is available both in the online ‘Identify Exceptions’ feature as well as in the ‘Batch Analysis’ Automation activity
- In the ‘Analyze Table Partitions’ feature – you can now choose to use the ADMIN_MOVE_TABLE procedure to re-partition your tables
- z/OS Partitioned Data Set Support
- Now within the SQL Editor, you can read and write SQL from PDS members
- z/OS Utilities
- We added support for the MODIFY STATISTICS, MODIFY RECOVERY and REPORT utilities
Thanks to all the beta testers for driving this new release and providing us feedback during our beta cycle.
Again please review the release notes at release notes for the complete list of new features and enhancements.
Also, please post any feedback or questions in the forum.
We hope you enjoy the new features and enhancements in this 6.5 release!
Try Toad for IBM DB2 for free
Are you in a trial now or just learning about Toad for IBM DB2? Find out which edition is right for you with our Toad for IBM DB2 functional matrix.
Like what you’ve learned so far about Toad for IBM DB2, why nottry it for free for 30 days?
Learn more about Toad for IBM DB2 so you can spend less time managingDB2 and more time innovating.
Data sheet: Toad for IBM DB2
Start a discussion about this blog in the Toad World® forum, Toad for IBM DB2 .
Help your colleagues
If you think your colleagues would benefit from this blog, share it now on social media with the buttons located at the top of this blog post. Thanks!